How Do I Place My Baby For Adoption?
Oftentimes, the terms, “give up baby for adoption,” or “put baby up for adoption” are used when referring to adoption. At A Baby Step Adoption, we don’t use these phrases. Instead, we use “place a baby for adoption or “make an adoption plan.” “Give up,” or “put up,” suggests a sense of defeat or that the adoption ends at placement, and that is just not the case.
When choosing adoption for your baby, you are making a selfless decision, to offer your baby a life with a loving family. Putting your child’s best interest above your own because you feel like you can’t be a mom at the present moment doesn’t make you a bad person. It makes you a brave and courageous mother. Adoption is a gift and you are the bearer of that gift for your child and the adoptive family.
If you are even considering adoption, you can contact us at any time to talk about your options.
We provide women facing an unplanned pregnancy a supportive caseworker who can help you decide if adoption is the right choice for you.
- Provide all of the information you need about adoption so that you understand your options to decide if adoption is the right choice.
- Explain exactly what happens during the adoption process.
- Explain your rights.
- Meet with you in person if possible or talk on the phone or Facetime to get to know you and help you decide what sort of qualities you’d like the family who is adopting your baby to have.
- Direct you to our many loving waiting families who have profiles. There you can get more information about them and decide who is the best fit for you and your baby.
- Help you create a hospital plan for when the baby is born. We will let the hospital where you are delivering know that you are considering adoption and your wishes for your hospital stay so you don’t have to answer a lot of questions while you are in labor. The hospital plan may contain a list of people who you’d like to be there with you for labor and delivery, plans for the baby’s care while at the hospital and the
- Connect you with your caseworker who will offer support during and after the pregnancy. We will also coordinate support services during the pregnancy and after the baby is born. We know there are many emotions that come up during the pregnancy and once the adoption is finalized, and we will help you throughout the process and post adoption. We want you to go on to lead a happy and healthy life.
- Guide you through the paperwork process and assist you with the post adoption contact agreement if you choose an open adoption. WIth an open adoption, you can keep in touch with your child. With open or semi-open adoption, placement is not the end of your relationship with your baby; it is just the beginning.
At NO COST to you, we will assist you with:
- Finding a doctor, if you do not already have one
- Your Medicaid application, if you do not have private insurance
- Counseling before and after birth
- Payment of pregnancy-related, including living expenses, rent, extra food and nutrition, housing, and transportation.
We want you to be totally comfortable with your decision and we want you to feel you have made the best choice for you and your baby. Contacting A Baby Step Adoption doesn’t mean you are choosing adoption. We never pressure you to move forward with the adoption process. We give you the facts and information and support needed.
Remember it’s not giving up a baby, It’s not putting up a baby, It’s your Baby, It’s our Choice. It’s About Planning for Your Future.